Opportunity for Community Input: Accessibility Advisory Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to assist Municipal Council with ensuring that all parts of the Municipality's operations and increasing awareness about the barriers faced by persons with various abilities.
Opportunity for Community Input: Review the Draft Queens Municipal Accessibility Plan
Nova Scotia enacted an Accessibility Act in 2017 to ensure that all persons with disabilities have equitable access to what they need. As part of the process of removing and preventing barriers, public sector bodies, which includes municipalities, are working towards local Accessibility Plans by the summer of 2021. Region of Queens Municipality hired an Accessibility Coordinator in July and appointed an Accessibility Advisory Committee in November, 2020.
We continue to ask for public input and offer a few formats. You can either call us or complete an anonymous survey online: click here.
To download and print a hard copy of the SURVEY, click here . Submit to our office by mail or in person.
Our Accessibility Advisory Committee consists of Councillor Ralph Gidney, Chair; Councillor Vicki Amirault; Wayne Huskins; Kelly Oxner; and Tyler Roy.
Click here for our Accessibility Coordinator’s 15-minute interview by the Queens Community Health Board. Elise describes the range of disabilities that people face, presents a few areas where improvements will be made and outlines the process and general approach being taken by the Region.
Accessibility Advisory Committee Minutes are available below by date of meeting:
- 2020-11-19 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 243.69 KB
- 2021-06-10 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 202.38 KB
- 2021-05-13 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 204.42 KB
- 2021-04-08 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 212.11 KB
- 2021-03-04 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 230.75 KB
- 2021-02-04 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf | Size: 263.43 KB
- 2021-01-07 Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes | Size: 237.49 KB