Employment opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Aquatic Employment Opportunities 2020
Region of Queens Municipality is currently seeking applications from energetic, detail-oriented and dynamic individuals interested in joining our team as Accessibility Coordinator. This is a two year term position, subject to budget approval.
Location: Liverpool, Queens County, Nova Scotia
Primary Responsibilities of the Accessibility Coordinator:
• Auditing and assessing all municipal buildings, properties and other infrastructure and amenities owned by the Municipality.
• Conducts a review of all aspects of the Municipality’s operations concerning accessibility and provides reports and recommendations.
• Acts as the staff liaison person for Queens Accessibility Advisory Committee, plans and organizes meetings, carries out research at the request of the committee, prepares reports and recommendations, and provides education to members of the committee regarding applicable legislation.
• Develops the Municipality’s policies, standards, values, and strategy frameworks.
• Prepares an accessibility plan for the Municipality.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A degree in planning, business, or a diploma in architecture or engineering, or similar education.
• A minimum of one year’s experience working in a public sector environment.
• A background or strong understanding either academically or personally with accessibility issues and is highly motivated to undertake training and research on accessibility and facility audits.
• A thorough understanding of the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the use of technology.
A detailed job description is available by contacting (902) 354-3455.
Please submit a detailed resume, with three (3) professional references, to the undersigned on or before February 14, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mike MacLeod, Director of Planning and Development
Region of Queens Municipality
249 White Point Road
P.O. Box 1264
Fax – (902) 354-7473