In 1840, the Provincial Government set aside a piece of land on the west side of the Medway River that was known as a Mi’kmaq Reserve. It was here that Jesuit priests erected a Catholic chapel for the Mi’kmaq. Mass was held in the building even though it was not completed. Chapel Hill Drive is the area where hand-hewn stone markers show the remains of the Mi’kmaq burial ground.

Chapel Hill Drive, off Highway 8, just north of the Highway 210 intersection.

GPS: 44.246306, -64.909995