Captain Bradford's cottage dates back to 1767. He is best remembered as the captain of the "Lucy". The house had four downstairs rooms, which were furnished with a sofa and six green Windsor chairs in the parlour; a large table with six yellow Windsor chairs in the dining room; and an eight day clock in the dining hall. The house was sold in 1802 to Simeon Perkins' son-in-law, Joshua Newton, a customs officer. Newton installed his customs office and he insulated the upstairs with copies of the Royal Gazette, the local newspaper. A copy of the Gazette, dated 1804, could still be seen through an opening in the wall left by a later owner when restoring the house in the 1950's.
GPS: 44.042723, -64.709459
16 Main Street, Liverpool, NS