Port L'Hebert is on the border of Shelburne and Queens Counties. Originally called "Apsiboogwechk" by the Mi'kmaq, this area was later named "Port a l'Ours" or "Port aux Ours" by the French for the apparent abundance of bears in the area at the time.
In the 18th century, New England fisherman frequented the area and in 1785, thirty eight Loyalist families settled here.
Port L'Hebert is on Highway 103 about 35 minutes west of Liverpool.
GPS (approx): 43.880031, -64.918599