Operational Policy 85 – Complaint Handling enables Region of Queens to promptly and effectively address program and service delivery concerns raised by members of the public.
Before filing a formal complaint, there are some considerations to keep in mind.
- When appropriate and safe to do so, we encourage complainants to resolve concerns with the employee directly or speaking to their supervisor. In many instances, these situations come from a misunderstanding and can be easily resolved.
- When appropriate and safe to do so, we encourage employees to also attempt to resolve issues before they escalate.
- Policy 85 may not apply to all situations. For example,
- Complaints about non-municipal services
- Issues already addressed by legislation or existing Region of Queens Municipality bylaws, policies, or procedures
- A decision of Council or a committee of Council
- A grievance covered by Region of Queens Municipality collective agreements
- Internal employee complaints
are not covered under this policy and should be addressed differently.
- Name, phone number, email address, mailing address of the person submitting the complaint.
- The nature of the complaint
- Background leading to the issue
- Dates, times, and locations
- Names of any employees involved including those already contacted regarding the situation
- Any action being requested of Region of Queens Municipality.