logo-faded

Region of Queens Municipality

Nova Scotia, Canada

Header ALL Visit

Image Attrations HB Fort Point FP

Found in Fort Point Lighthouse Park, the Cairn was erected on July 1, 1936 by the Queens County Historical Society. Constructed from local stone, it commemorates outstanding events in Liverpool's history. A plaque on the landward side recognizes the 1604 visit of Sieur de Monts and his geographer Samuel de Champlain to Port du Rossignol. A plaque on the seaward side commemorates the Privateers who sailed for the Royal Navy during the American Revolution and the War of 1812. A third plaque recognizes the contributions of the King's Orange Rangers in their defense of the town.

GPS: 44.044021, -64.707949

Fort Point Lighthouse Park
Fort Point Lane, Liverpool, NS

 

 

 

map-and-directions