"The way we see it, the answer to 'can I play'.... Should always be yes!"
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged children participate in organized sport and recreation. The program helps to cover registration fees, equipment, and/or transportation costs.
Since the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program launch in 2005, it has provided funding for 417,835 children across Canada with the chance to play.
- For children aged 4 – 18 years old.
- The program is open to individual children, not groups or teams.
- Funding is available for multiple children within the same family for the same season.
- Funds are awarded for registration fees, equipment and/or transportation costs.
- Grants are available for up to $300 per child per application.
- Children can apply for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $600.
- To receive assistance for equipment, the applicant must show proof of registration.
- Cheques are made payable to a league, association or club. Cheques for equipment are made payable to a sporting goods retailer.
The Application Process
- Incomplete application forms will be sent back for completion, if required.
- Applicants will receive a letter no later than four (4) weeks after the deadline notifying them of the status of their application.
- Applications are accepted two times per calendar year; deadlines are May 20th, and October 7th, annually.