"The way we see it, the answer to 'can I play'.... Should always be yes!"
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged children participate in organized sport and recreation. The program helps to cover registration fees, equipment, and/or transportation costs.
- For children aged 4 – 18 years old.
- The program is open to individual children, not groups or teams.
- Funding is available for multiple children within the same family for the same season.
- Funds are awarded for registration fees, equipment and/or transportation costs.
- Grants are available for up to $300 per child per application.
- Children can apply for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $600.
The Application Process
- Incomplete application forms will be sent back for completion, if required.
- Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.